May 19, 2005

Trapsing around from wifi to wifi

I'm working at the corner of University and 12th Street in Manhattan. I was in a diner for three hours.. but they have no power.. however I was seated 4 feet from the wifi Verizon grey rubber thingy. So my batteries ran out. And I moved across the street to Buona Sera, which has a plug.. and a direct line of sight to the grey thingy on top of the Verizon pay phones. Except when a truck drives by and gets stuck in traffic.. blocking the grey thinging.. and then I fall off IM and everything else.

Drat. It's never perfect. Though Buona Sera staff did tell me they would be hooking up their own wifi soon. And then, I'm going to camp out here always.

Posted by Mary Hodder at May 19, 2005 12:43 PM | TrackBack
Comments

Sounds like your more of online addicted than doing work, being online, correct me if im wrong here?
Indeed to be very frank, im also big lover of just being online, I sleep keepg my laptop playg songs on vh1, even if im on station i try to get wifi signals of my provider and just sit online ... kinda feel suffocated when not online ... :)

Posted by: Hemant at May 20, 2005 12:03 AM

you know, mary -- it just came to me -- I'm going to be out of town from Sunday night until (effectively) the night of June 10. if you need a place to stay that HAS wireless, you're welcome to my place. I have power outlets too.
just a thought

Posted by: Susan at May 20, 2005 04:15 PM

Hey Susan,
This looks like a invitation to me ... If so, I would be really happy to get a wifi at home ... But im at different location I believe

Posted by: Hemant at May 21, 2005 06:11 AM

Hemant, actually, i was working on a wiki for my main project, and IMing with folks on a variety of projects, doing research online, etc. Much of the work I do requires being online. So falling off all the time is disruptive.

And Susan, Thanks very much for the offer. We'll talk!

Posted by: mary hodder at May 21, 2005 07:08 AM

hehe ...
Okay it was my mistake ... cracks me up :)
Is your wiki link up? pass me the link.

Posted by: hemant at May 21, 2005 07:18 AM